2) OCO Weeknight Ball Handling Clinics - Ball handling and shooting clinics on Wednesdays, from 7:00-8:30pm at Garden Grove HS, large gym. Cost will be $10/person. It will be divided into 40 minutes ball handling and 40 minutes of shooting. Great work out for a great price. Please let your players know.
3) OCO Steak Dinner – Scheduled for Sat., June 1, 5:30pm, at Tanaka Farms. This is our big annual event where the proceeds are used to fund our scholarships that we award every year to worthy graduating high school seniors who excel in community service and academics. We only sell 200 tickets, and they were mailed out last week. So when you receive them please hurry and get yours in before we run out. The tickets are $125 each and include two adult dinners, which is all-you-can-eat steak, chicken, corn and strawberry shortcake all prepared by your very own “award-winning” OCO members/chefs. All ticket holders win a raffle prize with the grand prize being $5,000. Please mark your calendar and help support this worthy cause and fun event! Your entire family will enjoy the fun evening and delicious food! If you do not receive your tickets, please contact Judy James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) OCO Volleyball - Begins on June 8th and runs for 6 weeks through July 20th at Rancho Alamitos HS from 4:00 to 6:00pm. The cost is $35/OCO members and $50 for non-OCO members. The application is attached – 4th thru 12th grade.
5) Walk The Farm 2013 – Scheduled for Sat., June 15 at Tanaka Farms, 9:00am-2:00pm. Please see attached special edition of the Rak Kan News for an update on the farmers in Japan and more information about this year’s Walk. Register now online at WalkTheFarm.com. Make sure to pass the invite on to friends and family. This is a great family, community event to support a select group of farmers in Japan whose lives were turned upside down by the earthquake/tsunami from March 11, 2011. You may also help if you know of any businesses or individuals that would like to be sponsors. All participants must pre-register due to limited parking, deadline June 1. There will be the "Dog Walk" again this year. We had 2,100 walkers last year. Goal is to have 2,500 walkers this year!
6) Nikkei Games 3-on-3 and 4-on-4 Co-ed (HS/Adult) Basketball Tournament – CSULB Pyramid on Aug. 3-4. Please mark you calendar. Attached are the 3-on-3 and 4-on-4 co-ed applications. Application due date this year is June 24th. Please hurry and get your applications in. All high school divisions play on Sunday, Aug. 4.
Reminder, teams who are practicing at the end of the day are asked to set-up the gym (team benches, score keepers table/chairs, etc.) for the SEYO games on Sunday. Thanks!
Any questions please let us know.